Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Been a While

Well, for anyone actually following my blog, I took a long break and now we are back! We had a great Christmas in Tx and now I am finally feeling rejuvenated enough to get my blog on again. I was sick over Christmas and discovered that, like many members of my family, I had developed some asthma. As soon as the problem was discovered the medicine took care of things fairly quickly. Good ol' steroids, prescription cough medicine, and inhaler. I have a cold again that seems to be flaring up the asthma and that inhaler has come in handy. :)
Corey is loving school still. He finally got another laser in his lab and is now getting the pressure put on him again by Dr. Ambati, but he is handling it well. He has recently been like an angel from heaven at home. He comes home and plays with Connor and then has been doing some SERIOUS cleaning. He has done both bathrooms, our bedroom, Connor's room, he living room, and the kitchen! And I am not talking just tidying up, I am talking scrubbing with chemicals and all. Our place is looking great! Last night Corey was holding Connor while vacuuming and I thought, I'm pretty much the luckiest lady out there.
Connor is growing like a weed and yet somehow shrinking. He has made it at last from the 90th percentile in height and weight down to the 50th percentile. He no longer looks like Chubby McChubster and I have even received comments that he looks small now. Crazy! I guess you know he's actually our baby now. Haha. He is fitting into clothes he grew out of months ago because he is skinnier now and they don't have to wrap around his chunky belly. He has 2 bottom teeth and one on the top that is just barely starting to peek through. He is becoming even more of a chatter box, if you can believe that, and really really REALLY loves his daddy. If dad is around he wants nothing to do with mom, which honestly is fine with me because it gives me a nice break! He is trying to say words all the time. For peek-a-boo he says "dook-a-duh" and he says mom and dad. He recently starting pointing at things and saying "wah-da?" or "wah-dih?", which I take to mean "what's that?" and "what's this?" So we repeat words a lot around here and hope he will be talking soon. He is already getting frustrated when we don't know what he wants so the sooner he talks, the better. Connor is officially off the bottle...Yay!!! It wasn't too bad since we did it early. In short, Connor is a happy, healthy boy and we couldn't be more pleased.
That's about all anyone can stand for an update but be on the lookout for more posts.

No comments: