Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Big Change
It's official, we are moving to Baltimore!!! Corey got into Johns Hopkins, his NSF Fellowship transferred and deferred, and now we will be packing up and heading out in July. It feels totally insane and crazy. I am freaking out a little bit but am also excited for the adventure. You would think after moving to Japan and doing 3 years of high school there it wouldn't freak me out so much to move around, but I am just about as scared now as I was before moving to Fukuoka. I think the difference this time is that before, I had my mom and dad so I felt secure and knew everything would be okay. This time, even though it's just across the country, I'm the mom! I have to be the one to make everything safe and secure and work out. Yipes! But thankfully we know people out there and we will just be 2 hours away from the Russell and Aya family. What a blessing to have family close. I feel quite overwhelmed at the moment thinking about finding a place to live and the logistics of getting out there, but thankfully my father-in-law is doing tons of research for us to find the cheapest way to get out there....one thing off my plate. I am so lucky to have great in-laws who are going to help us make the trek all the way across America! Everyone will have to come visit us once we get settled! CRAZY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's so cool! Congrats to Corey! And you guys can totally hang out with Marilyn and Mike!!!! LUCKY!!!!
We will have to make adventures to see each other...It does feel overwhelming at times, but just pray & know it will all work out. At least we will be moving w/ you...kinda. at least half way across America...:0~
Congrats...I know that Russell and Aya must be thrilled that you will be so close to them. How great for your mom too, she can see all of her grandchildren in one trip!
Congrats! That is so exciting! We'll miss you at the (occasional) ladies lunch. You'll still be at the reunion, right? Best of luck to all of you!
SO excited for you guys I didn't know you had a blog- this will be fun to keep up:)
Post a Comment