Speaking of which, only 12 days til that glorious 20 week ultrasound. I can't WAIT to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I don't care either way and I don't really have any feelings either way. A few people have told me they think it's a girl, but that really hasn't skewed my 'non-feelingness'. I just want to stop calling the baby "it" and call it a he or she and maybe even pick out a name for the little one.
I am more nervous for the ulrtasound this time because I have a friend who just had a baby whose brain died before she was born and found out there was a problem at that 20 week ultrasound. Her baby is really cute but I can only imagine the heartache ahead. It makes me nervous after it happened to someone so close to me. It was her first baby too. So I have been doing a lot of praying for health recently.
Connor is getting very cute about the baby. He sometimes spontaneously lifts my shirt and kisses the baby. And when we ask where the baby is he often lifts his shirt and points to his own tummy. It's very cute. He has also somehow started practicing to be a big brother. He was never interested in dolls or stuffed animals much but now he rocks and feeds them and says they need a pillow and a blanket to go night night. He even kisses and rocks them. I hope it lasts and carries over to when the baby arrives because I'm still nervous about jealousy.
I realize my posts are heavy on the baby talk recently. Honestly, it consumes 99% of my thoughts so that's what you're getting. I have tons of pictures I need to post but just haven't downloaded them yet so another day, another post.
1 comment:
Becca!!!
So exciting!!! :0) Rachel(my twin sister) just had her 2nd baby & the older brother(2 1/2 years old) is jealous...not toward her but toward the momma & pappa mostly...
Good luck!
Post a Comment