Friday, January 20, 2012

Bomb Shelter Swimming and more

Right near our apartment here in Tampere there is an indoor swimming pool (called an uimahalli) that was built inside a bomb shelter from WWII. You take this really old elevator down and down and down and then it's like a huge hollowed out cave with a swimming pool in it.  We enjoy going but the poor boys have to wear speedos.  They have this odd rule that normal swimming trunks aren't allowed because they are for the beach (I don't get it) so Corey and Connor rent the little skivvies.  Connor looks so cute in his that I had to get a picture, but I refrained from getting Corey, for his sake.  Haha.  Stella rents too just because we don't have a swimming suit that fits her anymore and we figure it'd be cheaper to get one in the U.S., and probably a lot cuter too.  Everything here is geared toward a more sporty look and I think Stella needs a SUPER girly suit. Ha.

Bomb Shelter Swimming Pool
More of the swimming pool.  Connor and Daddy are in the corner of the pool
Swimmers

Tiny little swimming suit bum!
He loved playing with the ball in the water
After Stella was tired of swimming, she and i got out.  Stella slept while I took all these pics of the boys
Connor fell asleep on the bed with his leg hanging off

The next morning he got into his "toy box" to play

These are his railroad tracks

Hopping in and out
On the way home from church one Sunday these two cuties fell asleep. We left them in the stroller for fear of waking them.

Do they come any cuter?

This is just Stella eating her sock that she ripped off all by herself for the first time.  She was so proud of herself!

No comments: