Thursday, January 5, 2012

Other Finland Adventures

A lot of these pics are the same but I couldn't decide which Stella smile I liked best so I put a few in.



These are pictures of the cute little Christmas Market (Joulutori) they have here in Tampere.  We loved walking around there in the town square where they have all the shops and decorations set up.  It was fun to see and smell all the Finnish Christmas wares and foods.  I will have to take a picture of the reindeer we bought made of braided wheat.  I love it.  What I wanted most was a hat made of seal and fox.  It was so pretty but it was SO expensive.  (240 Euros which is like $312).  But where else would you find a hat made from seal and fox?  Not many places.  *sigh*  But it was so pretty there.  The streets have lights hanging everywhere too.  I just loved the Joulutori.  I'm sad it's gone now.

Lighted tree inside a lighted tree

Cute little family

Finally got that cursed binkie out of his mouth

precious

All of us together

Lights down the street

kissy cheeks

More street lights


Too bad Stella is covering her face.  This is a distance view of the Joulutori

Joulutori main entrance

just about to go inside

1 comment:

theFinn said...

They had a Joulutori in Estonia when I was there, as well. It was magical.

I'm loving all of these posts!